Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Potential Eskimo.

A crisp, white blanket of snow covers our busy campus...
Sounds pretty, huh? Well, It is, to some degree. Though not completely satisfying. The sun is out and it's fairly bright. My sister and I have this opinion that when it's snowing outside, it shouldn't be sunny. I don't want to complain, because with sun comes heat, and I am quite the freeze baby. However, It's not a combination that I'm especially fond of.
The sun's heat will melt the snow and then the delicate white powder will turn into gray slush.
Aside from the slush it looks incredibly bright. The reflection of the sun upon the snow doesn't exactly make it easy to see. I find myself half way squinting as I walk to class.
My ideal winter day consists of a dark sky and big snowflakes, the ones that seem to fall in slow motion from the sky and stick to your eyelashes. To me, that is perfection at it's finest.
I think I'll move to Alaska...

1 comment:

  1. I was very disappointed that no one got my Star Wars Hoth reference the other day in class! If you love this kind of weather you should check out Towner's Woods. It's really pretty in the snow.

    ReplyDelete